Friday, December 11, 2015

Assistive Technology

You will have a wide variety of students in your classroom, and some will require the use of assistive technology. Assistive technology is any tool that helps a child with a disability work around their challenges so that they can learn.  Technology has been a great source to help students with disabilities to enhance their learning experience.  Assistive technology can help with many challenge areas including: listening, math, organization and memory, reading, and writing.

One assistive technolgoy website I have got to explore is Tar Heel Reader.  This is a website where certain books are online.  I got the chance to write a book for this site about my dog, Aussie.  This website could help students that can't turn book pages themselves, or even read the book to the student.  I plan on using this website in the future in my classroom.  To read my story, click here.



Photo credit- iClipart for Schools Iowa AEA
Video credit- YouTube- What is Assistive Technology (A.T.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIm2MuJUCTE

No comments:

Post a Comment